I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when my friend, Amy, selected my blog to receive the Liebster Award! She and her blog, Baby Mama Juice, are the reason I finally got motivated enough to start my own blog.
This award is presented from one blogger to another newbie blogger as a way to acknowledge and recognize their blog. A little “shout out”, if you will.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to next.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
OK. Post 11 random facts that I don’t mind people knowing about me. Ready, set, go.
1. I adore sugar. I eat dessert every night without fail.
2. I am a monster when I am hungry. Most, if not all, of my friends and family will agree.
3. I can spend hours in front of the computer just perusing the web.
4. Talking on the telephone is not my thing. So, if I have not called you in awhile, don’t worry. I promise, you are not the only one.
5. I prefer shopping on the internet and having the goods delivered straight to my door.
6. I am constantly playing with the ends of my hair. My hairdresser does not like this!
7. The first thing I do in the mornings is grab a pod from my kitchen drawer and make me a cup of coffee.
8. I can talk myself into just about anything if I want it bad enough. On the flip side, I can also talk myself out of something if I don’t really want to do it.
9. Once I put a winter hat on my head, it does not come off for the entire day.
10. I like to purge. I do not like clutter.
11. I love to take pictures!
Done. OK. Now to answer the 11 questions from Amy:
1 When and why did you start your blog?
- I started my blog on February 19th of this year. Yes, I am definitely a newbie.
2. Who are your girl crushes?
- Whitney Cummings or at least the Whitney on her tv sitcom because of her quick wit and humor.
- Olivia Wilde because she is gorgeous.
- Anne Hathoway because she always seems so sophisticated and is uber talented.
- Hoda Kotb because I would just love to sit with her and talk over a cup of coffee.
- Katharine McPhee because if you watch the show SMASH, you don’t even have to ask.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Not putting things back where they belong. What is so hard about that?
4. If you could have a second home, where would it be?
- I probably should list some place far away and exotic. However, since moving farther away from my family, I would like to own a vacation home near them. We could spend the summer there, and family members could visit as it fit into their schedule.
5. What is your favorite movie?
- That is tough, since I don’t see many adult movies any more. One that comes to mind, however, is Fried Green Tomatoes.
6. Where is your favorite place to shop?
- For clothes, Athleta. For home, West Elm. For both, Anthropologie
7. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you ask them?
- I very much enjoy Kelle Hampton’s blog Enjoying the Small Things. She has a huge heart, a great positive take on life, a sense of humor and takes amazing photos. I would probably ask her for some photography tips.
8. Would you rather take a vacation in the mountains or the beach?
- I am a mountain kind of a girl.
9. How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts?
- My brain never shuts off. It usually is a project that I have completed or something that just entered my life or thoughts for that day.
10. Do you have a daily beauty routine? If so, what is it?
- I try not to have a strict routine. However, life is life. I wake up around 6:30, feed N, pack his lunch, get dressed, and walk him to school. Once I get back home, I eat, peruse the web, write my blog, etc. Run errands, clean house, walk back to school to get N. Play with N and his friends until time to cook dinner. Cook, eat, do homework with N, read with N, get N ready for bed. Then, crash on the sofa with the hubs to watch T.V. This is on days when I do not volunteer.
11. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
- Not to care so much about what other people think.
Done. Here are my 11 questions for the blogs I am nominating:
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
2. If you could splurge on one thing, what would it be?
3. What do you do first thing in the morning when your feet hit the floor?
4. What is a quote that you love and try to live by?
5. What simply just makes you smile or makes you feel all warm inside?
6. What is your favorite television show?
7. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
8. What is your drink of choice with dinner?
9. Yoga, Pilates, Running, Biking? What is your favorite way to exercise?
10. What is one thing that you love about yourself and you hope never changes?
11. What is your favorite blog to read?
Lastly, here are my 11 nominees. Well, I only have 2 nominees because all of the blogs I follow have thousands of followers. And I do not have any friends who have started new blogs except the ones listed below and the one who nominated me.
Thanks again Amy! Go check her out at Baby Mama Juice. Keep up the good work ladies.
I love everything you put!!! I totally agree with your girl crushes! Thanks for participating and the sweet words about my blog! Smooch!
You are welcome. I enjoyed participating. Hope you have a great weekend.
@Shelly, thank you very much.